Volunteering with ANS
Founded and run by volunteers for many years, ANS continues to rely on their help in all mission areas. ANS offers a range of volunteer opportunities to fit a variety of schedules and interests. Click one of the links below to apply for one of these volunteer opportunities.
- Conservation Advocate – Stand up for water quality and habitat conservation in our region by joining a team that advocates for environmentally sound policies and legislation.
- Education Assistant - Assist with camps and field trips at our sanctuaries, help plant school gardens or get your feet wet in stream science classes.
- Event Assistant - Represent ANS at events in the community or help us with events at Woodend, such as holiday parties, silent auctions and lectures.
- Habitat Steward - Help to restore Woodend’s forest understory, repair trails, maintain native meadows, and conduct habitat surveys.
- Naturalist Shop Assistant – Help serve customers and our mission in a shop full of field guides, nature writing, naturalist gear and nature-themed gifts.
Other ANS Volunteer Programs – Please follow the links below to find out more, apply or register for these special volunteering opportunities.
Water Quality Monitors collect organisms from local streams to help gauge the health of our waterways.
Master Naturalists train with experts to become key players on ANS's volunteer teams.
Teens. MCPS students can earn service learning hours through our camp programs or by participating with an adult in our water quality monitoring program.
For questions, contact Volunteer@ANShome.org