Master Naturalist Training at Woodend
The Audubon Naturalist Society is pleased to partner with UMD Extension to offer Maryland Master Naturalist training. This program engages citizens as stewards of Maryland’s ecosystems through science-based education and volunteer service. ANS’s top-notch instructors will provide:
- 52 hours of training in the ecology, flora, and fauna of Maryland
- 8 hours of hands-on field work
- A focus on the natural history of Maryland's Piedmont region
Master Naturalist graduates commit 40 hours of volunteer service annually to support our education programs, stewardship of Woodend habitats, and conservation outreach. To be admitted to a training course, you must be at least 18 years old, submit an application, and be interviewed. There is a $250 fee paid to UMD Extension for the cost of materials. Class is limited to 20 students and fills quickly.
DATES: Mondays and Wednesdays, September 9-October 28, 2019, 9:30 am-3 pm
- Application period opens May 15 and the application deadline is July 15.
- Candidates will be notified of their admissions status by August 15.
For questions, contact Volunteer@ANShome.org
Current Master Naturalists:
Track your volunteer service by logging into the ANS Volunteer Information Center: