NEW RULES for the 40th Annual Bloomin' Birdathon
Usually, individuals or teams count as many species of birds or blooms as they can in a 24-hour period between April 15 – May 31, 2020 and get sponsors to pledge a set amount of money per species seen or a flat amount for their efforts. This year we are changing all the rules because all the rules have changed.
- You can count over multiple days (April 15 – May 31) but no more than 24 hours in total.
- Feeder counts and Bird Cam counts over a 24-hour period are encouraged for those who don’t want to go out.
- Children can count anything and/or use one of our games as often as they want.
- People who raise or donate $100 or more will receive a free ticket to a special ANS Reunion Event sometime later in the year.
Families and Children
STEP 1: REGISTER TO COUNT
STEP 2: RAISE FUNDS
Invite family, neighbors and friends to sponsor you and help raise funds for ANS to protect all of nature around us.
STEP 3: COUNT
Have fun searching in your backyard or around your neighborhood for birds, trees, butterflies, bugs … anything in nature that you can count. The more you find, the more money you will raise.
BIRDATHON RESOURCES FOR
FAMILIES & CHILDREN
The Families & Children's Counter Packet Includes:
- Welcome and Guidelines
- Tally Sheets with pictures of the Top Ten birds, trees, butterflies and wildflowers in our neighborhoods
- Nature Scavenger Hunt
- Sample Sponsorship Request Letter
- Sponsor Tracking Sheet
- Sponsor Donation Form
- Sample Social Media Posts
- How to Make a Bird Feeder
- How to Make Toy Binoculars
- Introduction to Seek by iNaturalist
Watch for more children’s activities over the coming weeks.