Master Naturalist Training at Woodend The Audubon Naturalist Society is pleased to partner with UMD Extension to offer Maryland Master Naturalist training. This program
Master Naturalist Training at Woodend
The Audubon Naturalist Society is pleased to partner with UMD Extension to offer Maryland Master Naturalist training. This program engages citizens as stewards of Maryland’s ecosystems through science-based education and volunteer service. ANS’s top-notch instructors will provide:
- 52 hours of training in the ecology, flora, and fauna of Maryland
- 8 hours of hands-on field work
- A focus on the natural history of Maryland’s Piedmont region
Master Naturalist graduates commit 40 hours of volunteer service annually to support our education programs, stewardship of Woodend habitat, and conservation outreach.
DATES: Mondays and Wednesdays, September 17-November 12, 2018, 10 am-3 pm
To be admitted to a training course, you must be at least 18 years old, submit an application, and be interviewed. There is a $250 fee paid to UMD Extension for the cost of materials.
- Application period will open May 15, 2018 and deadline is July 15, 2018.
- Candidates will be notified of their admissions status by August 15, 2018.
For questions, contact Volunteer Coordinator Mitch Greene at email@example.com or 301-652-9188 x20.
Current volunteers, update your contact information and track your volunteer service by logging into the ANS Volunteer Information Center:
Year Around Event (2020)